Saturday, July 14, 2012

Places


The sound of crunching gravel
Beneath both of my shoes
Helps me to unravel
My many issues

Perhaps I don't always get far
Even then, I always return
Somehow from every trek
There is something I can learn


I want to hear Your voice
In the stillness of the skies
Speak to me now
As the sun kisses goodnight


My heartbeat is rapid
Thoughts are steady, then slow
With every breath that leaves my lungs
You're mercy shows


I know that You're with me
Amongst all my confusion
So let Your spirit bring
Another solution


This is where I think. This is where I heal. You might only see a path that connects in circles, carpeted by little rocks, but to me this place means something. It's where I can go to let off steam, to think, to reason with myself about a number of things. I might be running in circles physically, but emotionally and spiritually I am getting somewhere. 
Sometimes I come with a terrible attitude and leave with a whole new perspective. Other nights I arrive smiling on the inside and the happiness only builds. 
This location is special to me for all the thoughts and ideas that have been born in it. Where do you go to think or get away? How does your place look and feel? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy :)