Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Little Friends




I have never been a morning person, but when it comes to this little guy I think I can make an exception. Every time I'd open the bedroom door and come into the kitchen, the light of the day would slap and shock my eyes. "Ugh, it's so bright." I'd mutter under my breath. Then out of nowhere I'd hear my name being called out, as the little man in his Thomas the train pajamas charged at me with open arms. His great big smile made my heart glad and I soon forgot my complaints of the early morning. His high-pitched laughter was always contagious, no matter my mood or the hour. His big brown eyes are so full of life, his little smile so innocent.
I'd plop myself at the kitchen table, with a bowl of cheerio's in front of me. Seconds later he was right next to me, giggling at nothing in particular. His little milk mustache just stayed there, without even the slightest intention of being removed. Breakfast with William is just as fun as playing airplane with him in the living room. He would laugh so loudly as I'd lift him through the air, making silly aircraft noises and then toss him back on the couch. He was such fun to play with. We would go from room to room with pencils and "fence" each other. He would win of course, sending me countless times to the ground as I would fake my death over and over and over again. He would then drop his "sword" and come to my rescue saying, "Here, I'll save you." He'd pull me to my feet once more and the process would continue.
I know that these pictures are a few months old, but I couldn't resist. Going through them again brought back so many happy memories. That lengthy visit with dear friends in Missouri was a time to remember. I still smile to myself now as I recall my little friend waving his small arm back and forth from the doorway. The rain was pounding on the roof of the car and dripping in from the window, but I had to keep it open just a little longer to listen to his young voice call out loudly, "Goodbye! I love you! I love you so much!"
I assume by now that you understand why I miss him so terribly. Oh, little people...they are the sunshine to all of my cloudy days, even if their rays of light only grace me in memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy :)