Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Free // Completely Done


The birds are calling back and forth to each other, in the late morning air. Summer wind brushes gently across my skin and ruffles pages of the living Words in my hands. These Words are more precious to me than anything. You are alive and speaking to me still.
 
"And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" ~Matthew 6:27

    It doesn't profit anything, or even prepare me for what's to come. You are in control and what is going to be will be, without my nerves wondering if it will come to pass or not. 
    How can these living Words be life in me, taking effect? Here's all my cares, take them. Fill me up with You and empty me of myself. I just want to live fully, trusting You entirely, but this blockage of fear is standing in my way and I can't seem to see over that wall. 
    Every thought of mine should radiate Your sovereignty, I've not been given a spirit of fear, but a spirit of life and of peace. 
    
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." ~Matthew 6:34

    It must look so silly to You, from a perfect perspective, me, with hurts so unnecessary. You came down to save me out of this fear and here I am, drinking from the polluted well once more. 
    I'm tired of subjecting myself to this bondage that You've already freed me from. Enough is enough. Take my worry. You are in control and I want to trust You, but I need Your truths to be fresh in me constantly, reminding me that what You complete is completely done


"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." ~Galations 5:1

1 comment:

  1. Reading your words over and over because frankly, I really needed this reminder. I've been struggling with doubt and a lack of strong faith. I just need to fill my mind with constant truth about our Lord. I have wondered too, how God must think how silly we are to worry when He's shown himself faithful and given us the greatest example of His love for us.

    Thank you so so much for sharing this.

    Blessings to you!! <3

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy :)