Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Carvings and Scars


You carved You're name on my heart and though the process of engraving hurt, I am forever indebted to You for this stain, this mark of love.


For years I was searching, the darkness was closing in on me. I heard You're voice in the distance, but thought I could find the way all on my own, but You stepped in and knocked me off my feet, with a push so fierce, but gentle all at once.


And now what's left of me, but a sinner decreasing gradually? I want there to be less of me, strange isn't it? I never longed for it before, but now it is my deepest desire.
Sometimes I still wander, away from You're touch, but I only think I've gone somewhere without You, for You are in me, You're mark tells me I belong in You're arms.
I run my fingers across the scar and feel You're love. You wrote it there, You're name. I can't see it with these eyes, or feel it with these hands, but the carving is there and somehow it always brings me back to You're embrace. Because You have stained me with You're love, I am forever changed and still, by You're grace unfathomable, I am changing.

3 comments:

Comments make me happy :)